Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Spinzilla 2013 ~ Day 2


I just stopped spinning to wrap this niddy noddy full of yarn.  The spool was starting to feel heavy on the wheel, so even though there was a little room left, I decided to go ahead and call it a skein.

I went outside to take advantage of the day's fading light for a photo.  I was looking around for nice place to lay my yarn and decided on this bush.  This is the first time I have photographed yarn on a bush, but I think it looks rather groovy.  

This is a fat singles or my version of one at least.  It's probably just a little heavier than a DK, but that's about as heavy as I like to work with living in a warm climate.  I have 266 yards on this niddy noddy and enough rolags left to make a comparable skein, but I think I'm going to take a break from woolen spinning.  

 I received this gorgeous South African Top as an early registration gift from Team Louet.  I'm thinking about making a nice thick and thin, nothing too bulky.  I just want to show off this superfine wool. 

I'm feeling a bit sleepy, but it's early yet, so I think I'll do just a little more spinning before I call it a night. 


No comments: