Saturday, October 23, 2010

Black & White Lap Cloth ~ A Great Gift Idea!


I'm a member of the TelaraƱa Weavers and Spinners Guild. Like a lot of clubs, we raise money at our meetings to support our events throughout the year. Usually we raffle off baskets filled with fiber goodies, but at our last meeting, some of the ladies created something special.

Now I can't remember whose brain child this was, so if anyone from the guild happens to read this post and knows the answer, please leave a comment. I would like to give the creative mind proper kudos. For now, I'll just share what I think is a wonderful gift idea for anyone who works with their hands!

It's called the Easy-Eye Lap Cloth. It unfolds into a rectangle about 21 x 12 inches in size. It's a very comfortable width for laying across your lap. It's white on one side for when you are working with dark colored yarn or beads or whatever your craft may be. On the other side it's black for working with lighter colors. Having the right background makes it so much easier for your eyes to focus on your project.



Wait, that's not all! There's another cool feature. The lap cloth is open on one end like a pillow case. When it's time to pack up, you can slide your project right into the lap cloth for safe keeping. It's perfect for projects on the go or just keeping your work handy and protected.

I thought this idea was so clever that I bought two, one for me and one for my mom. I wanted to share it with you today because I think it's a great homemade gift idea for anyone in your life who knits, crochets or beads. All you need is some basic sewing skills and a little black and white fabric. I love how ours was personalized with our guild name. That little touch makes it special.

No comments: