Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Apricot Painted Wool Earrings


I just finished a new pair of Apricot Painted Wool Earrings. I'm pleased with how this pair turned out. The beads are just 1/2" wide making them look more delicate. The color is also very feminine and pretty. It's one of those colors that almost works as a neutral so these earrings would compliment a lot of different outfits.

They are 2" long from the tip of the Czech glass bead to the loop of the earwire. For dangling earrings they are incredibly light. I can't even get one to register on my super sensitive work scale. The best I can tell you is that they weight less than 1/10 of an ounce. Now that's light!

I love the contrast between the warm softness of the hand painted Merino wool and the cool metal wire. I think, in great part, it's my love of texture that draws me to these fiber beads and makes me want to create more!

No comments: