Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Baby Leaf Hat


Hey, look! I finished! I actually finished a knitting project! That feels so good. Here's my hat on Windy, my Wind Rose Fiber Studio, lifelike baby model.

Mine is a little smaller than my mom's hat. That's because you're supposed to switch to the next larger needle size after you complete the leaves. I don't own knitting needles in every size just yet, so I just stuck with the ones I was using. I measured the diameter which is 6 inches, so when you multiply times pi, that's just about a 19 inch circumference and that's not counting the stretch factor. I think a newborn baby noggin could fit in there. It would make a cute baby picture. It sort of has that Anne Geddes thing going for it. Oh, I should mention, if you like this pattern, it's called Knit Lace Leaves for Baby ~ 8 Designs by Jeannine LaRoche.


Okay, now that I'm just getting comfortable, I'm going to switch things up and try out continental knitting. I have a feeling I'll be happier in the long run if I learn to knit in this style. I don't have a pattern in mind. I think I'm just going to knit and purl back and forth until I get the swing of it. Wish me luck. :D


1 comment:

Heather Woollove said...

Jenn--I love this hat! The leaf motif and the color are just perfect!! Is there anything you pick up to try that you don't excell at?? XXO-