Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cinder, Butternut & Lilac Merino



In the midst of all my dyeing, some new colors have emerged and will now reside at Wind Rose. On the left in Cinder. I really like this one. It's a variegated roving with light to dark greys and hints of warmer earth tones as well. I think it's ideal for felting rocks and other natural elements. Variegated colors are also always more fun to spin.

In the middle is another new color. I've settled on the name Butternut for this one. I love how warm it is and I think will be a great addition to the more autumnal colors.

Now switching over to cool, the final color is Lilac. I can't say that this one is new, but it's been a long time since I've dyed it and now I'm wondering why? It's such a pretty shade. It definitely conjures up images of spring flowers!

No comments: