Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tatted Pendant Necklace


I just finished this little personal project and I need to play show and tell. This is a needle tatted necklace with the chain made from rings and Josephine chains. I made a joining space in the center of the middle ring. Then, after I tatted my flower pendant, I passed the beginning and ending threads through the join before weaving them in and finishing my piece.

The length of the necklace is 18" which is about my favorite length. I like how balanced it is with 5 rings on either side of the center. The design isn't very complicated, but it was good practice for me just the same. I'm getting ready to go away for a few days and I'm hoping to have some time to experiment with more more intricate designs. Now, the only thing I need to know is, do they allow tatting needles on the plane?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I carried them with thread in a small makeup bag, no problem