Thursday, March 31, 2011

Freshly Dyed Merino

It's one of those early springs where everything seems to conspire to keep me from my creative time, but in the midst of it all, I'm always dyeing.

I feel like I've been sounding like a broken record since the beginning of the year. I keep writing that my goal is to get to 40 colors of Merino roving in my shop and then maintain them. The trouble is, I just can't seem to meet what I thought was an achievable goal. The weather turns sour or travel takes me away. I'm still determined to make it happen though and really, I have to say that I'm grateful to all of my customers who keep buying my wool. If in the end, it's just too hard to maintain 40 colors at all times, well I guess that means that business is good!

For the next couple months, I have no travel plans, so perhaps this means I'll be able to make my goal happen after all. By the way, I do have some summer travel. I'll be crossing the pond this year and spending time in London, Munich and Verona. Those are the major cities anyway. If any of my readers have insight into the fiber arts scene in any of these places, I'd love some ideas of where to go and what to see.

Oh, and let's not forget the freshly dyed Merino! I have restocked six favorite colors this week. So from left to right and top to bottom: Precious Peach, Chartreuse, Pink Blush, Happy Green, Golden Brown and Salmon.

3 comments:

Kayleigh said...

I can see myself spinning those colors and making a cute little amigurumi pink bunny scene. :) Spring time has to be my favorite season just because of the flower and all the colors! *Inspired*

Heather Woollove said...

Although it's fabric, not really fiber, you MUST make time for a visit to The Cloth House while you're in London!! It's fantastic!!http://www.clothhouse.com/

Jenn said...

Thanks Heather. I'll look it up!