Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!


It's quarter past 11:00 here on Christmas day. I've already been up for over five hours which feels a bit of a struggle given the fact that late night chores.... ahem.... kept me up into the early morning hours.

So it's a bit bleary eyed that I sit to write my post today. It's been a lovely morning. The kids are both happy which is all I want in the world. What's better is that they are hanging out with each other, enjoying themselves and taking turns politely with the video games. Who raised these boys anyway? ;~)

I know this holiday means different things to different people. I think what I appreciate most about December 25 is that for 24 hours, the world around me seems to slow down, take a collective breath and exhale slowly. It's like a fabulous, contented stretch and yawn or a deep felt sigh. I feel at peace.

So whoever you are, wherever you are and whatever your traditions may be, I hope this day brings you a bit of the same calm and peaceful feeling. Merry Christmas!

No comments: