Sunday, August 29, 2010

Two New Corriedale Wool Samplers



Last week I added two new wool samplers to my inventory at Wind Rose. Corriedale has a nice (approx 4") staple length and its a great choice for both wet felting and needle felting. It's also a good choice for beginning spinners. The length and crimp of this fiber make it a little easier to handle than some. I've been assembling these 2oz samplers in convenient color groupings to make it easy to collect all of your favorite shades.

On the left is Maple Tree. It's .5oz each of brown, orange, hunter green and yellow. This if perfect for your fall felting projects. I can see the pumpkins now! On the right is a mix I gave a long name too. It's a little ridiculous, but I named this one Cool Blush Warm Glow. This is less of a theme than Maple Tree, but it includes four very useful colors. There's dark charcoal and pink as well as a cool beige and a warm wine. These are the kind of colors that you find yourself in need of when felting things like animals and nature.

My Wool Samplers section is getting pretty full. There just seems to be a need for small quantities in a wide variety of colors. It's a nice and inexpensive way to build your wool inventory. If you'd like to see the rest, I have a Contemporary Wool Sampler, my Skin Tones Sampler, Back to Basics (a fave) and even a Classic Christmas collection.

No comments: