Wednesday, September 28, 2011

More Tatted Wall Art

I finished this piece of chunky tatted wall art a few minutes ago. I couldn't wait to take a picture and share it with you. I'm proud of this one because I designed it on the spot. I took out a piece of paper and doodled until I had a shape I liked, then I jumped right into the tatting. I took my best guesses as far as the size of the rings and chains. My fear was that my outer chains would be too short and that the whole piece would curl like a bowl. If I made them too long, well, that wouldn't look good either. Everything turned out great and I couldn't be more pleased!

It's a pretty big medallion. The diameter measures a little over 12 inches. I'm thinking about doing something similar to use as Christmas wreaths for my front door this year. I may dress those up with some flowers and I found this free pattern for crocheted pine cones. How cute would that be?

As for this medallion, it's going to be the centerpiece in a montage of green tatted shapes. I have three others made:




These are all about the same size at right around 9 inches across. I'm planning on making one more smaller shape so I'll have a group of five. Hopefully I can arrange them in an interesting way. It's all part of my master plan to turn the home of Wind Rose Fiber Studio (me) into a fiber filled fantasy land!


No comments: