Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mohair & Doll Mohair



It's amazing what I find when I get to spend a little quality time in my studio. I was going through my fibers today, looking for hemp, when I came across a nice big bag of fine mohair (left photo). I went to my shop to see if I had any listed and sure enough, I didn't. That just wouldn't do, so I've spent a little time today taking this lovely mohair's photograph so I could offer it at Wind Rose. I put it up in 1oz, 2oz, 2.5oz and 3oz lots.

I also came across some doll hair mohair (right photo). This is mohair with a long, 8" staple length and is commonly used in doll making. I listed this mohair in 1oz and 2oz sizes.

Oh, and by the way, I did find that hemp I was looking for. Earlier this afternoon I painted four batches. I should be back tomorrow to share those with you. Now that my kids are getting ready to go back to school, I have more time on my hands. I can't wait to get busy!

No comments: