Thursday, June 17, 2010

Stocking Up On Merino


Time to stock up on colors of Merino roving. I'm running low on everything and I can't take it anymore! So yesterday I started out with these four colors.

The top is called Cloudy Pink. This is a variegated pink. The color variation is mild, but it's enough to give felters the pinks they need to add a subtle blush up to totally rosy cheeks.

Next in line is Chartreuse. It's one of those greens that many of us just can't live without.

After that is one of my personal faves. This color is called Earthen Rose. It's a brown based crimson and oh so pretty.

Finally, we have Misty Green. This color is hard to capture in a picture, but next to the rose you can see that it's a light smokey green. This is a new color I'm trying out so let me know what you think. I feel like I could use a few more light shades in the shop.

Over the next couple weeks I plan to do a lot of dyeing. I'm always open to requests and suggestions, so if there is a color you need, just let me know. I plan to paint some roving too, so feel free to name your favorite colorways!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Cherry tree" made me dribble on the keyboard...:D

Jenn said...

lol, I really liked that one too, but no on has snatched it up yet...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/37210261/cherry-tree-hand-painted-falkland-roving

~ J :D