Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Megan's Headband The Video!

Megan's Headband
I'm happy to share that the pattern for Megan's Headband is now a YouTube tutorial. It's official, I've been making crochet projects for so long that I can get nostalgic for my own work. I wrote an in-depth tutorial for Megan's Headband here on the blog in 2011. I went back to visit this post before making the video and I must admit that I was sort of amazed by the time I put into this post. There are so many pictures! I'm sure I wanted to do it justice and make a post that everyone could follow. After all, this is a pattern near and dear to my heart. It's not just about the headband for me, it's about the little girl and her wonderful family that inspired this sweet design. 

I am very new to making long format videos and I must admit I was really in my head over this one. I struggled with the best way to film the part that is critical to the gauge. I ended up sharing the same diagram I used here on the blog and then talking over it for way too long. I can hear all of the YouTube pros telling me what a misstep this is and how there is no way anyone is going to listen to such a long explanation. I don't know. In the end, my internal teacher won out and I really wanted to explain how to calculate the number of stitches now matter what kind of yarn or headband people may choose. I feel like I can be pretty nerdy in my approach to crochet and design. The question is, will anyone listen to a 3 minute explanation to a diagram??? 

Honestly, sharing this is still making me want to make a second version that is a little less in depth. Clearly I need feedback, lol. I guess I'll see if the video finds any fans before I go too crazy. Anyway, here's the video for you. I hope you enjoy!



3 comments:

Extra said...

I appreciate the depth of research and expertise displayed in your articles.

Anonymous said...

I’m so happy you made the video!! Perfect

Jenn said...

Thank you!