Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Merino/Yak/Silk Top ~ It's New!




I am so excited to offer this luxurious fiber. It's 60% Merino Wool, 20% Tibetan Yak and 20% Cultivated Silk. Sometimes in blends, the wool seems to play the starring role. In this roving the yak and silk are center stage. Yak is often used as a more affordable substitute for cashmere. Yes, it's that soft! The Yak and silk come together in the fiber to create amazing softness and shine.

The overall color is a silky silver, however, it is far from monochromatic. As you can see from the side view, there are deeper tones as well as lighter ones. Sometimes a white background can wash out silver, so I have taken a picture with the roving laying across a purple and a white background to help distinguish the color.

Merino/Yak/Silk Top has a generous 3" to 3.5" staple length for spinning with ease. It's available in 4oz, 2oz and 1oz sizes at Wind Rose Fiber Studio.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I *love* it! If only I could a)afford 4oz or b) figure out what I could make that could use 2oz.

Jenn said...

My first thought when I felt this fiber was that it would make an amazing sweater. It would be so soft and pretty.

Living in this hot place, I would need to make it a lace weight sweater. :D