Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hand Beaded Navajo Hair Clips


I had to take a picture of these sweet little hair clips before sending them to my niece for her birthday. They are another treasure from my time in Santa Fe. I wanted to get my niece something Navajo made, and I thought these were adorable.

Part of what makes them so captivating is the size. It's hard to tell in the photograph, but they are just over an inch long. The purple beads in the background lend a younger look. It may be a little while before she will be able to wear these clips. She is just about to have her first birthday and her hair is still very fine, but someday.

I found my Navajo Clips in Sun Country Traders. I have two other pieces from this store, one folk art and one beaded. I'll take pictures and come back for show and tell.