Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mediterranean Merino ~ Back in Stock!


Mediterranean Merino Roving is part of my Skin Tone line at Wind Rose Fiber Studio. Ever since I developed this line of 8 different skin tones, it's all I can do to keep them in stock. The little baby fiber next to it is a sample of Firestar dyed in the same pot. If you are a regular at Wind Rose, you know that all of my hand dyed Merino comes with a free matching sample of sparkling Firestar.

Mediterranean is a nice soft beige with just a suggestion of olive undertones. It's impossible to represent all of the beautiful colors that the human skin comes in, but I try to at least represent a broad spectrum with my eight colors. There's Porcelain Fair, Peach Glow, Sun Touched, South Pacific, Mediterranean, Golden Brown, Chestnut Brown and Deeper Brown.

What is surprising is that many of the customers who buy these colors are not trying to represent skin at all. They have been warmly received by the felting crowd for animal colors. The natural tones can also duplicate the colors found on so many breeds of dogs. Every so often a felt artist will send me a cute picture of a Terrier she's made. I will have to share some of this work in a future post. You'll be so impressed!

No comments: