Sunday, July 5, 2009

I joined back up at ArtFire!

Well I did it. I've been going back and forth for months about whether or not to go back to ArtFire. I decided the only way to stop thinking about it is to just do it. I gave up my initial $7 account back in January. My life was in a little bit of chaos. I had just lost a loved one and just taken on a new job. It just seemed time to lighten the load. Of course not long after I left, ArtFire really started to gain popularity and many of the kinks that made listing and navigating difficult were worked out. Figures. :P

The stubborn side of me didn't want to go back and pay $12 a month instead of $7, but let's face it, $12 a month is nothing for a global venue. We've all done those craft shows where you buy in for $100 bucks, sit around all day and walk away with maybe $300 or $400. I just need to look at it more from that perspective.

So now the job begins of building another shop. I have a tendency to want to make things happen overnight, so I am trying very hard to chill. I'm pretty mellow when it comes to most things in my life, but I'm just so passionate about my business, I tend to obsess. If you catch me getting a little crazy here on my blog, please remind me to relax. LOL!

ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade

So to all of my ArtFire friends, start looking for my little sheepy face around the neighborhood. I'm sure I'll have a question or two along the way. And to all the Etsians, I'm not going away, I'm just spreading my wings a little.

2 comments:

florcita said...

I haven't tried Artfire... any advantages on top of say...Etsy or Dawanda?
I should check it out.
Good luck with it!

Jenn said...

Thanks florcita. I started writing a response, but it got so long that I'm just going to turn it into a blog post. Thank you for being today's inspiration!