Thursday, July 23, 2009

Felted Wool Soaps ~ I'll link you to a great tutorial!


A good friend of mine gave me this bar of felted wool soap. It was made by Felted Frenzy in Sperryville, VA. I already blogged about this once, but I'm bringing it back up today because I have a great tutorial for you.

A customer just asked me about my merino roving because she wanted to do this project. She shared the link with me and now I can't wait to share it with you. Little Birdie Secrets has written a wonderful tutorial on how to make your own felted wool soaps. The instructions are easy to follow even if you've never felted before. Helpful pictures take you through the entire process.

I'm thinking I may just have to make a few with my kids. They would make super fun stocking stuffers. Just think how you could personalize them. Animals would be great for pet lovers, sailboats and sea shells for the nautical minded, or just pretty little flowers and other shapes. So many possibilities!

No comments: