Monday, March 2, 2009

Hemp is Here to Stay!

If this picture looks familiar, it's because I used it just a few weeks ago in a post about Dyeing and Spinning Hemp. I concluded that article by saying I wasn't sure if there was a market for hemp or not, but I wanted to find out.

Well I feel like I've gotten my answer. In the past month I've sold close to two pounds of Hand Dyed Hemp. At the moment, I'm just about cleaned out! So the fiber lovers have said "Yes!" to hemp and I couldn't be happier.

After another sale today, I decided I better get busy and dye some more. I have a pound drying outside in the sun right now. By the end of this week, I hope to have my inventory built back up again. Hemp has gone from a fiber that I just started to experiment with last fall to one that has found a permanent home at Wind Rose Fiber Studio!

No comments: