Saturday, November 8, 2008

Nuno Felting at Wind Rose - Today is the Day!

The day is finally here! Today I nuno felt!!! It's taken me Forever to carve out the time and to buy the materials that I needed, but I guess it's a good thing to have a busy week, right? So in just a little while, I'll be setting up and making my first project. As always, I'll take pictures along the way. You will either be witness to my success or my humiliation.

I'm beginning to form a mental picture of a scarf design. First project or not, I'm going for it! You know how whenever you read a pattern or try a new craft, there is always that section where they suggest a small sample project. "Crochet a few rows to check your gauge." or "Try working with a 6x6 piece to get a feel for the process." Yeah, I'm the person who ignores all those wise gems and jumps right in. True to form, that's my plan today. I'll either win big or lose big. (remind me never to gamble!)


I have some felting experience. I've done sculptural work (left) and wet felting (middle) and made some sushi rolls (right). I am excited to expand my experience to include nuno felting. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you do!!!Good luck Jenn, and don't get too sudsy!
Amy