Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Loving the Craft Supplies from DreamWeavers!



Hi everybody. A while back I was showing off my first ever beaded cabochon bracelet and I shared with you a great website I found for beading supplies. The store is Dreamweavers Beadwork-Supplies.com and they can also be found on Artfire.

I was completely and pleasantly surprised one day when I received an email from them thanking me for my blog post. Even more, they said they had a present in the mail for me! Sooo nice and incredibly generous. I received a collection of aluminum cuffs that will keep me beading for a long time. I also received what you see in the pictures above.

Now I have to make a little fun of myself, because at first I said, "Oh cool, a hair clip. I wonder what the rectangle piece of aluminum is for?" Happily, it only took a couple seconds for the massive "DUH" to sound in my brain and I put the two together!

How fun is this? I get to make my own hair clip. I've never seen the two pieces sold like this before and my mind immediately began to think of possibilities.

Here is what I think I'm going to do. See the cloth that the hair clip is sitting on? Those are felt cloths that I made sometime last year. I was actually thinking about selling sheets of handmade felt and then changed my mind. As a result. I have a small collection of one-of-a-kind felt pieces.

My plan is to pick either the black or the blue felt (I'm leaning towards the black) and embellish it with beads. I may even back my felt with some Lacy's Stiff Stuff just to make it stronger. Then I'll sew it onto the aluminum rectangle just as I would a cuff bracelet and attach the hair clip. When I have my project finished, I'll come back with the results.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think the worlds of beading and fiber arts are so compatible. That's why you see beading appear from time to time on my fiber blog. I just can't help myself. I loves the beads!

Visit my new friends over at Beadwork-Supplies.com. They really have some amazing products and really nice prices too. You can even have custom cuts of aluminum made for truly original creations. I think that's so awesome!

Have a crafty day!

1 comment:

~Cindy said...

Ohhhhh....pretty felt!! I could see it embellished with seed beads and tiny sparkling Swarovski crystals! You are a sweetheart and I hope that you enjoy the goodies!