Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jet Black Mohair


One of my goals this year is to expand Wind Rose Fiber Studio to offer more hand dyed options as well as supply you with a wide variety of fibers.

In keeping with that, I'm now offering Jet Black Mohair in 2oz lots.

"Mohair is a silky textile produced from the hair of the angora goat. It is most often spun into a thread that can be woven, knitted, or crocheted depending upon the application. Mohair is durable, warm, insulating, and light. It also has moisture wicking properties that carry moisture away from the skin of the wearer. The hair of the angora goat has been used to produce textiles for centuries, and the term mohair entered English usage from the Arabic mukhayyar, referring to a type of woven head cloth."

Source: Definition of Mohiar from wiseGEEk.

1 comment:

Jags said...

you have been dyeing up a storm!

I'm really liking the new colors too!

Hubby says I have to spin up some of my stash before i buy more, but we will see how long that lasts because I'm drooling over the avacado bamboo lol