Hi all. I finished my first strip of lace on my hairpin lace project. As I promised, now that I'm starting a new piece, I've taken some pictures so you can see how to begin a strip of hairpin lace.
*Click on the pictures to see a larger view.
1. Start out by forming a slip knot on your hook.
2. Holding your hook in the center of the two parallel posts, wrap your yarn from front to back around the post on the right, yarn over and pull through the loop on your hook. The first loop has been made.
3. Flip your hook over so that it changes from front facing to back facing. Turn the hairpin lace tool clockwise and as you do so, wrap your yarn around the outside of the unworked post. Your hook should now be facing you.
4. Slip your hook under the front of your first loop,
5. yarn over and pull through loop, yarn over and pull through both loops on hook. single crochet made.
6. Again, flip your hook over to change it from front facing to back facing. Some people like to flip their hook in a vertical motion between the posts. I have found that sliding one end of the hook and then the other, in a zigzag motion is very comfortable.
7. Turn your hairpin lace tool clockwise while allowing the yarn to wrap around the outside of the opposite post. Your hook is now facing you.
8. Insert your hook under the front of the previous loop. Make single crochet.
9. Continue on in this fashion until your strip of lace is the desired length.
That's all there is to it! :D
Crochet Master Class ~ The Latest Addition to My Library
Let The Hairpin Lace Project Begin!
The Hairpin Lace Project Continues...
How to Begin a Strip of Hairpin Lace ~ A Photo Tutorial
The Hairpin Lace Project ~ Part Trois
The Hairpin Lace Project ~ I found Yarn B!