Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Where Was I, Oh Yeah, Gift Baskets!

Yesterday, I ran out of steam before I could finish sharing all of the new Gift Baskets at Wind Rose Fiber Studio.  In addition to the "learn to spin" baskets, I also put some together for the experienced spinners.  I've never met a spinner who thought they had too much fiber.  They might sheepishly say they do, but would they give any of it up?  So for these enthusiasts, near and dear to my heart, I made two gifts.  

The first one is full of the classics and I call it the Favorite Spinning Fibers Gift Basket.  This gift is stuffed full of Merino, Creamy Alpaca, Mixed BFL and I even threw in an ounce of Firestar.  I don't know about you, but I love sneaking just a little sparkle into my yarns.  

For the second basket, I incorporated some of the nicest fibers in my studio.  This one I call the Luxury Spinning Fibers Gift Basket.  This one is dedicated to soft, fine fibers including Yak, Silk, Organic Polwarth, Merino/Yak, and Alpaca/Silk.  This one is sure to make any spinner smile.

My last two baskets are for the felters and dyers out there.  In the Dye Your Own Wool Gift Basket, there are 6 full ounces of Merino, Jacquard Dyes in Fire Red, Sun Yellow and Brilliant Blue and Instructions.  Don't forget that I also have instructions here for How To Dye Wool Roving

Last but not least is The Felting Basket.   This colorful treat for the felting fans starts off with 1oz of Merino Wool and then it time to add some colors.  There is .25oz each of Bright Blue, Crabapple, Silver Grey, Black, Olive, Violet, Aqua, Red, Yellow, Brown, Orange and PInk in wonderfully feltable Corriedale.  What a great variety to add to a felter's stash!

There you have it.  Including the drop spindle baskets from yesterday's post, there are 7 in all because sometimes you just want to give the gift of fiber!

No comments: